Friday, January 9, 2009

This is mine.. this is mine.. oh that over there is mine...

Sorry for the long passage of time without and update, but things get hectic and we tend to neglect alot of "promises" to do this and that and utterly fail to do any of them. Caboose, oh Caboose, why do you have to mark in the house? 

So Caboose has for a while decided to mark in the house, it all really started the day my wife's little sister's dog was boarded at our house and marked in the kitchen. Well ever since that day, Caboose has marked in the house, on the trash can, on the 2 pillars, on the grate. If I were Caboose I wouldn't blame him either, what does that little puff of fur think  he is? I AM CABOOSE, THIS IS MY HOUSE! 

We've tried everything, and I think the only thing that has worked is that he doesn't do it in rooms that we've claimed. I think the Dog Whisperer would say something to that effect at least. But there's no problem in any of the spaces in our large house that we are very active in. He used to mark in the kitchen but we've been very active about shooing him away from the kitchen when we are in it to "claim it". Unfortunately the other rooms have some neglect and when the masters are distracted he'll sneak off go and come back. Sometimes we're paying attention and yell at him like he was a cheater sneaking off to his mistress, "WHERE DID YOU GO? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHAT'S THAT LOOK ON  YOUR FACE?!" Other times we just wander into the room and find the tell tale sign of Caboose. My wife gets really mad, it's her house and this DOG is messing up her home. I take the different view that compared to future kids, Caboose is nothing. Ask her about the sushi + little sister + carpet incident. 

I'd love to take Caboose off the leash but he's need to own everything is paramount to even listening to his masters. At every possible location, it's "This is mine.. that is mine.. this isn't mine but mine now, I don't even know what this is.. but it's mine now.. " and I'm yelling at him going, "You got nothing left!  NOTHING!"  

No comments: