Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Caboose's morning ritual

There's a reason why I tell the wife not to let the dog sleep upstairs in the bedroom, it's not the actual fact that he's sleeping upstairs with us but something entirely different. Caboose has learned that my side of the bed is enemy territory and that he is invading the sovereign nation of Imasleepingherestien and will be met with that country's feared weapon, namely my leg.
So, Caboose sleeping upstairs isn't a problem, it's in the morning when dawn breaks across the horizon and the first rays of sunlight pour through our shuttered windows. What wakes me up isn't sound of birds celebrating the new day but a low guttural sound followed by what can only be described as a cross between a cough and a bark, which I call a moruff.

Why Caboose? Did the birdies offend you in some way? Were you traumatized as a young pup by birds? Or is it because they taunt you with their powers of flight when you chase after them? Cause unless you are suddenly able to climb trees those birdies could care less that you're trying to intimidate them. I on the other hand, wish you were closer so that I could show you the might of Imasleepingherstien. But instead I must issue U.N declarations of reprisals that fall on deaf ears and attempt to go back to sleep.

No comments: